Monday, January 27, 2014

The Dreaded Middle


Today I am literally halfway through my exchange in Italy.  Really, how is this possible??  It seems like just yesterday that I arrived in the Naples airport at 11:30 AM.  It makes me sad because I love my life here.  It's so different from my life in my hometown of Lawrenceville, in southern Illinois.  In a little more than five months I'll be leaving my host families to return to the United States.  Rotary Youth Exchange has given me a once in a lifetime opportunity and I want to make the most of the time I have left.  I feel so lucky to be here, but I'm also extremely proud of myself for making it this far.  One thing I have learned is: "It may not always be easy, but it is worth it." Happy halfway and to another wonderful 5 months to go!
At the Naples airport meeting my first host parents, Cinzia and Lello on August 28th, 2013
Really this was almost 5 months ago???

At Salerno 
District 2100
In class.



No comments:

Post a Comment