Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Month 2

Well, yesterday was my month 2 in Italy. And it's going way too fast. When I went out at sea with my host parents I realized just how lucky I am. 
1. I am the only student from Illinois in Italy with Rotary International as an exchange student.
2. I live right under Mt. Vesuvius and any time it could BLOW! (Mom that was for you. Just to scare you a bit.)
3. I'm hosted by the Pompei Oplonti Vesuvio Est club. You know Pompei, the famous one?
4. I live literally by the Mediterranean Sea. 
5. While everyone in the North is freezing their butts off I'm enjoying the sun.
It took me until month 2 to realized I'm this lucky. How many teenagers my age become exchange students anyway? Very few and that's the sad thing. When considering going on this experience I thought I'm going to miss things from home so much. Sure, I miss things but learning and experiencing this teaches me more than I could ever try to recreate at home. 
Sono così fortuna! Grazie Rotary per questa esperienza! 










1 comment:

  1. What wonderful images you are sharing here! Enjoy this second month, it's surly a trip of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete